We make banana bread a LOT in our house – almost every weekend. This is mostly because our daughter loves to bake with me, she loves banana bread, and this recipe is one of the easiest banana bread recipes you’ll ever come across. I usually add a handful or two of chocolate chips to the loaf, and some sprinkles too if that’s what my girl wants.
Oh, and this banana bread recipe is now my favourite. No joke. It’s the go-to recipe for banana bread in this house – I think it stays more moist than most other recipes I’ve tried.
[Recipe] Banana Bread (Vegan)
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine bananas, sugar, and coconut oil in a large bowl and blend well.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix just no dry spots remain in the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the loaf passes the toothpick test.