Coconut mounds filled with cherries and chocolate chips. These little morsels make a cute little addition to your plate of sweets.
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but this year especially, I am keeping these recipes simple. I have a three year old – suffice to say that life is busy and mama’s tired. Not too tired to bake these though.
[Recipe] Coconut Mounds
- 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries patted dry and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Chop the cherries and pat them dry quite well.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut, chocolate chips, cherries, salt, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop out dough by rounded tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until tips of coconut are just starting to brown.